Disclaimer: The above review is my own honest opinion of the Magnetic Screen Door from iGotTech. I would NEVER recommend a product I did not try.
Magnetic Screen Door from iGotTech
August 24, 2014 by
I have always wanted a mesh screen. I came close to purchasing one last year, but a friend of mine owns a few and always complained about how flimsy they were and that it didn't have an opening in the middle, so having to push it to the side to get through worked against keeping all bugs out. I was happy when a chance to try the Magnetic Screen Door came. Getting one that's supposedly the "#1 Best Screen" FREE? That's a no-brainer...sign me up!
The Magnetic Screen Door arrived quickly and once I opened the package and felt the screen, the difference in quality of this mesh compared to the one my friend owns was evident. This had a stronger, thicker feeling.
My experience: My house had multiple doors, and I couldn't wait to try it out on any of them. However, I did encounter a major problem. All of the doors were too wide for this mesh screen to fit. The screen door on my patio measured at 36", so I couldn't understand why it did not fit. I measured the mesh and it was actually just under 33". I'm not sure if the measurement of this screen was an a mistake or if all the 36" screens are actually 33", but this couldn't fit my door and I didn't know anyone whose door it would fit. Bummer!
Making it work: Because I like fresh air, I was determined to make this work, so I decided to use it on one of our sliding glass doors. This would require some adjustments, but using it from the inside of the house and placing a slit on the Velcro at the point where the door would need to open and close made it possible. Because the mesh screen doors are connected by Velcro, this meant I could move the screen whenever I want to close the door (which is any time I'm not needing to be in and out of the house, or when I'm not utilizing fresh air!
Also, before I even placed the mesh screen up, I noticed gaps between the magnets. To fix that I simply held the magnets together and tightened the mesh a little from top to bottom (the sides, stretching the sides as I attached it to the Velcro) and the problem was solved (not completely, but no more 1" gaps).